Getting and Paying Fines
On Ticket Day, students must pay the fines that have been assessed since the last Ticket Day.
- Have extra bank logs on hand in case students run out.
- Have extra blank fine slips in case Police Officers need them.
- Make sure the offense log is ready for the Police Officers to check.
- For the first Ticket Day, prepare to show the Fines video to the class.
On the first Ticket Day, explain that students who were fined for violating class rules over the past month need to pay up now. They'll have to withdraw the money from their bank accounts.
Fines video will help explain the process. Then the students can begin the Ticket Day procedures while you oversee them and answer any questions.
- Police Officers examine the offense log, write tickets, and give them to the students being fined.
- Each student updates his or her bank log to show a withdrawal of the fine money. The student takes the log to the Banker to request the cash.
- The Banker updates a copy of the student's bank log and hands over the cash.
- The student brings the cash and ticket to the Police Officer. The Police Officer marks the ticket paid and delivers it to the teacher along with the cash.
- The Police Officer then notes in the offense log that the fine was paid.